The isotope Am-241 or Cm-244 is used as the radiation source. The advantage: Am-241 and Cm-244 have very low radiation energies, which correspond approximately to the energy of X-rays. The density measuring system InlineSENS offers high statistical accuracy and long-term stability by using a highly sensitive scintillation detector with patented drift compensation. The measuring system, which is made entirely of stainless steel, is permanently flanged to the pipeline and continuously measures the product density of liquids, suspensions, slurries, and bulk solids. In the case of the Am-241 version, the product pipe can also be supplied with a liner of Teflon (PTFE) or rubber if required. In the Cm-244 version, on the other hand, a polypropylene liner is installed as standard. Depending on the existing pipeline, various flange and product pipe options are available including DIN flanges, ASA flanges, and threaded connections between DN 40 and 65.
- Sugar industry: Measurement of thin and thick juice as well as milk of lime
- Dairy industry: Concentration measurements of whole and skim milk and whey for the control of evaporators. Measurement of the degree of whipping of curd cheese
- Beverage industry: Monitoring of the mixing of concentrate and water
- Power plants: Concentration measurements of lime milk in flue gas desulfurization plants (scrubbers)
- Starch production: Measurement of starch suspensions
- Pulp and paper industry: Measurement of the ash content on paper slurries before/after the deinking process.
- Chemical industry: Measurement of acids, alkalis, suspensions, concentration of anti-freezing compounds, determination of bulk density of washing powder
- Textile industry: Measurement of foaming and degree of whipping of dye liquor
- Steel industry: Concentration measurement of tin in the electroplating solution
Berthold's knowledge and experience in physics and in the techniques of highly sensitive detection of light, nuclear radiation and microwave frequencies, together with the use of modern electronics and software, allows us to maintain our excellent and longstanding reputation as a competent partner in solving diverse and difficult measurement problems, ...